Kvaser Memorator HS/LS and HS/HS
Kvaser Memorator makes it possible for you to log data from a CAN bus to a standard MMC disk. Kvaser Memorator provides a dual channel CAN bus interface through a standard USB interface and is delivered with a 64 MB Viking high speed MMC.
Kvaser Memorator has a USB connection and can be used as an ordinary USBcan as well as a CAN data logger device – two products in one! A great advantage is that all configurations are made in a standalone configuration program. It makes it both easy and convenient to set configurations with the PC and download it to Kvaser Memorator for use in the field.
- Kvaser Memorator HS/HS
Two high-speed channels with ISO 11898-compliant transceivers (TJA1050)
- Kvaser Memorator HS/LS
One high-speed channel with ISO 11898-compliant transceiver (TJA1050). One low-speed channel with TJA1054 transceiver.
Major features of Kvaser Memorator
- One device for desktop and laptop.
- Quick and easy plug-and-play installation.
- Supports both 11-bit (CAN 2.0A) and 29-bit (CAN 2.0B active) identifiers.
- CAN messages are time-stamped with 10 microseconds resolution.
- Large on-board RAM buffer for CAN messages.
- Supports ”listen-only” mode for bus analysis tools.
- Driver support for major operating systems.
- 100% compatible with applications written for LAPcan, PCIcan, PCcan and USBcan with Kvaser’s CANlib.
- One MMC connector that accepts MMC or SD flash disks.
- One CAN connection ISO-11898 High speed, 50kbit/s up to 1 Mbit/s (Philips TJA1050).
- Optional, second CAN connection that can be either low-speed (Philips TJA1054) or high-speed (ISO-11898).
- One USB 1.1 connection (12 Mbit/s). This connection is compatible with USB 2.0.
- Power from CAN-bus or from the USB side.
- Built-in real time (calendar) clock with battery backup.
- Logger status is indicated with four externally visible LEDs.
- Plastic housing with dimension W*L*H about 50*90*25mm.
Functions in Kvaser Memorator
Kvaser Memorator can log continuously, or logging can be triggered by external triggers (rising or falling edge) and/or by messages and signals on the CAN bus (triggered by identifier, or data contents.) Pre- and post-triggers are available.
To enhance logging performance, Kvaser Memorator can filter out selectable messages to be logged. The identifiers can be picked from a database, or all messages can be logged.
Standard MMC or SD type flash memory cards can be used. We recommend and deliver the Kvaser Memorator with Viking High Speed MMC (64 MB). Larger memory cards can be used, but there is no documentation of the performance.
Configuration software in the PC
- Configuration of the CAN controller, i.e. bit rate and filters.
- Configuration of the trigger conditions.
- Configuration of filter for messages to be stored.
- Configuration upload and download via USB.
Additional software and documentation
- Kvaser CANLIB SDK, which includes everything you need to develop software for the Kvaser CAN boards. Includes full documentation and many program samples, written in C, C++, Delphi, Visual Basic, and C#. All Kvaser CAN interface boards share a common software API. Programs written for one board type will run without modifications on the other board types!
- On-line documentation in Windows HTML-Help and Adobe Acrobat format.
- Documentation, software and drivers can be downloaded for free at www.kvaserinc.com or purchased separately on CD if preferred. Updates to the software are regularly posted on the Kvaser website.